Why the wilderness lifestyle?

      Why the wilderness lifestyle?...
  ...When I look back at what lead me down the path less traveled, I find many of the reasons and circumstances that are still urging others to pursue wilderness lifestyles today        ....as you might be.

As I graduated from school... I found myself feeling oppressed by the constraints of urban society. I was being suffocated by conformation and regulation that stifled creativity, and smothered dreams.
I longed for freedom, room to grow physically, mentally and spiritually. I was overburdened by obligations to work, society, debt and money that were enslaving my time and energies. I was completely saturated in "stuff" and the pursuit of "stuff" on a road that just went in a circle to nowhere.


... Luckily, just in the nick of time, I smelled a trap and that is what put my foot on the path less traveled! I did not walk any further into the trap, but turned and took a path that lead somewhere.  This blog will document where this path has gone and is going and  you are welcome to come along. I hope that you will find my posts amusing, successful, interesting, heart breaking, frustrating, and real.  This wont be a blog telling you what you can do or make with a parachute cord! Or how to eat slugs to stave off hunger, but It will tell you how we live and make a living day to day while living a wilderness lifestyle.  It will, I hope, breath life into your own personal dreams and pursuits!



2 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful writer and so reflective. I hope that you will continue to post entries in your blog in 2014!
    Bruce Bennett
    Jan. 8, 2014

    ReplyDelete

We are glad you stopped by our Blog! We always enjoy our visitors and would really enjoy your comments!